AtmoVantage Ethical Standards: AVES
1. HONESTY. We are honest and truthful in all our dealings and we do not deliberately mislead or deceive others by misrepresentations, overstatements, partial truths, selective omissions, or any other means.
2. INTEGRITY. We demonstrate personal integrity and the courage of our convictions by doing what we think is right even when there is great pressure to do otherwise; we are principled, honorable and upright; we will fight for our beliefs. We will not sacrifice principle for expediency, be hypocritical, or unscrupulous.
3. PROMISE-KEEPING & TRUSTWORTHINESS. We are worthy of trust. We are candid and forthcoming in supplying relevant information and correcting misapprehensions of fact, and we make every reasonable effort to fulfill the letter and spirit of our promises and commitments. We do not interpret agreements in an unreasonably technical or legalistic manner in order to rationalize non-compliance or create justifications for escaping our commitments.
4. LOYALTY. We are worthy of trust, demonstrate fidelity and loyalty to persons and institutions by friendship in adversity, support and devotion to duty; we do not use or disclose information learned in confidence for personal advantage. We safeguard the ability to make independent professional judgments by scrupulously avoiding undue influences and conflicts of interest. We are loyal to our company and colleagues and if we decide to accept other employment, we will provide reasonable notice, respect the proprietary information of our former employer, and refuse to engage in any activities that take undue advantage of our previous positions.
5. FAIRNESS. We are fair and just in all dealings; we do not exercise power arbitrarily, and do not use overreaching nor indecent means to gain or maintain any advantage nor take undue advantage of another’s mistakes or difficulties. Fair persons manifest a commitment to justice, the fair treatment of individuals, tolerance for and of diversity. We are open-minded; we are willing to admit we are wrong and, where appropriate, change our positions and beliefs.
6. CONCERN FOR OTHERS. We are caring, compassionate, benevolent and kind; we practice the Golden Rule, help those in need, and seek to accomplish our business objectives in a manner that causes the least harm and the greatest positive good.
7. RESPECT FOR OTHERS. We demonstrate respect for the human dignity, autonomy, privacy, rights, and interests of all those who have a stake in our decisions; we are courteous and treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of immutable characteristics.
8. LAW ABIDING. We abide by all just laws, rules and regulations relating to our business activities.
9. COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. We pursue excellence in performing our duties, are well informed and prepared, and constantly endeavor to increase our proficiency in all areas of responsibility.
10. LEADERSHIP. We are conscious of the responsibilities and opportunities of our position of leadership and seek to be positive ethical role models by our own conduct and by helping to create an environment in which principled reasoning and ethical decision making are highly valued.
11. REPUTATION AND MORALE. We seek to protect and build our company’s good reputation and the morale of its employees by not engaging in any conduct that might undermine respect and by taking whatever actions are necessary to correct or prevent inappropriate conduct of others.
12. ACCOUNTABILITY. We acknowledge and accept personal accountability for the ethical quality of our decisions and omissions to ourselves, our colleagues, our company, and our community.
These standards were derived and adapted from Josephson’s Institute’s Exemplary Leadership & Business Ethics.